Wednesday, January 25, 2012

First I'd like to thank the academy....

First off I want to thank Saltistjejen for giving me my first ever blog award. It's the Liebster award for blogs with under 200 followers. Thanks so much!

If you understand Swedish you should check her blog out - it's all about a Swede settling in NYC. It's fun to see her cultural observations from the other side of things. Reading her blog makes me homesick and reminds me of why I love New York City so much.

I hope you don't think I am a spoiled sport by not following the Liebster rule and passing the award on to 5 blogs. I was that little girl who was always totally disappointed when I sent my chain letter out to my friends and never received 300 postcards in return. After too many burns, I gave up on forwarding these types of things.

Although I know this isn't really that kind of thing, I'm going to hold on to my award because I love it and don't want to share!

Even if I don't share my award I do recommend you check out these blogs if you have a chance:

Antropologa - A blog about an American woman settling in Sweden. She just had her second child and she blogs about raising her family here.

Swedishfreak -  She is currently stranded in America, but hopes to get back to Sweden, which she calls home, shortly. Send her a bit of support!

Lost in Stockholm - A great site, with the classic guide to Swedish Men which cannot be missed.

Bo-i-usa.blogspot.com - She lives in the small town of Weed and blogs about her life as a Swede in the US. It's in Swedish but Google translate helps.

Megalagom is new to the blogging about Sweden game - so pop over and say Hi!


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog recommendations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Å I'm happy you liked the award!!! :-)
    And you re definitely worth it! :-D
    Thanks also for your list of new (to me) blogs. They look very interesting so I will definitely check them out!
    Thanks also for you very sweet words about my blog! I'm very moved and glad. And if you ever come to NYC we should meet for a fika! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award! :) Thank you for recommending my blog! Nice to see your list, I read 2/4 of those and will look at the other two straight away- I love learning about others that are new to Sweden like me. And the award giver as well seems like an interesting read since it is the opposite of my transition!
    Megalagom ~ http://somethingswedish.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweden is a nice country and Swedish companies are in general very productive and environmentally conscious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello everybody how are you doing hope you doing great
    well
    my names mohammed from morocco 24 years old
    i would like to chat with some Sweden girls , just to know their language and know something about culture as well
    thats my contacts and hope talk to you soon

    sweden-real-life@hotmail.fr
    heavyprogressive@yahoo.fr
    skype : mohammed.elamamri2

    thank you .

    ReplyDelete